The Basaveshwar Science College Library became independent during 1967, with 2,200 volumes which is situated in independent building having the total area of 4,200 sq.ft. out of which about 1,000 sq.ft. area is consumed by book shelves, about 2,400 sq.ft. area occupied by reading space and can accommodate 150 students at a time. About 200 sq.ft. area is being utilized for administrative and operations of the library. Now the library collection is more than 61,712 volumes with 19,721 unique titles worth of Rs. 1,12,85,164.
– Acquisition Section
– Circulation Section
– Library Stacks
– Periodical Section
– Reference Section
– Digital Library
– INFLIBNET (N-List)
– Student Reading Room
The library will be kept open on all the working days o f the college except on public holidays and Sunday.
• The college library kept open from 9am to 6pm.
• Books for “Reference” and periodical should be consulted in the library.
• Students should examine the books carefully at the borrowing.
• Books are to be used carefully, marking, underlining the sentences and tearing of pages is strictly prohibited.
• Every student must possess the library identity card at the time of transaction.
• Identity cards are not transferable from one person to another.
• Conversion, making noise and chewing pan and gutkha are strictly prohibited.
• Students have to maintain peace and cleanliness in the premises of the library.
|Sl. No||Categories||No. of Books||Period|
|1||Full time teachers||20||One Academic year|
|2||Part time teachers||10||One Academic year|
|3||Administrative staff||05||One Month|
|4||Students of B.Sc – I year||02||15 Days|
|5||Students of B.Sc – II & III year||03||15 Days|
|6||Book bank scheme SC/ST, meritorious & economically poor.||02||One Academic Year|
|7||Special courses ( M.Sc., B.C.A., B.C.S., P.G.D.C.A., D.M.L.T.C & PUC )||04||One Month|
|8||Special scheme of our library for physical handicapped||05||One Academic Year|
|1||Dr. T. M. Girish||Computer Science|
|2||Sri. Santosh H. Gorawar||Librarian|
|3||Smt. S. R. Kaladagi||Chemistry|
|4||Dr. Vinayak S. Hegde||Chemistry (PG)|
|5||Smt. Trupti N. S.||Computer Science|
|6||Mr. Chidanand Badiger||Mathamatics (PG)|
|7||Miss. Soubhagya Badanur||Physics (PG)|